Trainings in Positive Psychology
In order to ensure high quality of Positive Psychology application in the German-speaking countries, GAPP implemented a curriculum for trainings in Applied Positive Psychology and set standards for the trainers who teach such courses.
These trainings comprise four levels:
- Level 1, Certified Professional of Positive Psychology, covers central concepts of Positive Psychology and well-being in combination with relevant interventions (min. 15 days).
- Level 2, Certified Consultant of Positive Psychology: Here, participants deepen their knowledge and expertise in applied PP in specific contexts, e.g. coaching/ psychotherapy, business or education. Two modules of 4 days each are mandatory for certification.
- Level 3, Certified Trainer of Positive Psychology, enables participants to teach applied Positive Psychology -courses of Level 1 and 2. Training consist of at least 15 days, focusing on training skills, didactics and special contents of PP which are relevant at this level of training.
- Level 4, Certified Master Trainer of Positive Psychology, are allowed to train Positive Psychology trainers in Level 3.
- These courses offer scientifically based training in applied Positive Psychology in order to enable participants to use concepts and methods of Positive Psychology in their area of professional expertise.
- In all levels, certification requires the successful completion of extensive onsite training in combination with a final paper (either case studies, a personal portfolio or a professional project).